Can you stand one more Hey Chick card??? I had a ball making this one. However, I thought I was filming it but realized, after I was done, that I hadn’t hit the “record” button. I’ll try to explain how I made this as best as I can . . .
As I photographed some of these close ups, I realized my coloring was a bit off. Fear not, however, a once over with the Stampin’ Blends Lifter Pen, and it’ll all get cleaned up nicely.
I saw a version of this card on Pinterest, but it was in another language so I had to figure out how it was made. I changed things up a bit to make it my own, but it’s pretty close to the original.
This cute little chick is from the Hey Chick stamp set, as is the sentiment. The corn stalks are from the Chick Die set. The card base is Thick Basic White cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4. The middle mat piece is Daffodil Delight. It was cut 4 x 5 1/4. The card front is BasicWhite cut at 3 3/4 x 5. The tall grass is from Old Olive, cut at 3 3 /4 x 5.
The first thing I did was stamp the chick in the middle of the Basic White. I used Memento Black. I colored him in with various Stampin’ Blends — Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie. Then I sponged the sky around him using a quartered sponge and Balmy Blue ink.
To make the tall grass, I cut slices in the Old Olive paper and went from the top to about 1 1/2 inch from the bottom. After I made all the slices, I randomly cut the tops of the “grass” in various directions to give it a staggered look. Then I took a few of the pieces on either side of the chicken, bent them back and glued them back to make the opening. After I was happy with the way they looked, I glued down the rest of them so they wouldn’t rip as they went in and out of the envelope.
The cornstalks were all die cut from the Chick dies. Fortunately, the set comes with 4 dies for the corn and 4 dies for the husks, so it didn’t take too long. I cut out four stalks, 16 husks and 16 corn cobs. I attached them to the card base using mini stampin’ dimensional,
The right side of the card was made the same way as the left side. Although was a lot of die cutting and assembling, I think it was well worth it. The corn just jumps off the page!
The inside of the card was stamped in Old Olive although this picture looks a bit dark!
If you have any questions about this project or any of the products used, please let me know. I’m happy to answer any questions.